[Lazarus] Error on first time run of new project with latest snapshot

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Apr 20 19:42:03 CEST 2008

>  I believe that it is a wrong way to do it. For example the 12xx are
>  Windows language codes. Sometimes you wish to use them as-is, so this
>  will actually create a bug imho.

That's trivial to solve. Don't add a BOM to your file and use:

{%encoding utf-8}

(By the way, is this supported? I don't see this option in the wiki article)

This way both the IDE and the Compiler will ignore your encoding, and
no conversion takes place. On the bad side, you also won't be able to
edit non-utf-8 strings in the editor, but it's always impossible to
edit more then one encoding at the same time.

About asking for each string, I think this would be a inviable solution.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho