[Lazarus] Unicode support enabled for win32 with fpc 2.2.1 and higher

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Apr 21 08:42:44 CEST 2008

En/na Vincent Snijders ha escrit:

> As a consequence source files must be encoded as UTF-8 too, otherwise
> they cannot be shown in the Lazarus editor.

I've been using lazarus under windows with unicode for a while (as you
say, to ease compatibility with other platforms), and I used iconv to
convert my files:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libiconv.htm

The only minor problem I had is that I have to use utf8decode/utf8encode
to interface with some rtl functions (e.g., xmlconfig, while using utf8
as a file encoding, it doesn't work if the strings used with it are
already utf8).
No bugs with the LCL itself, at least for me.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007