[Lazarus] Stackable file system abstraction layer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:07:45 CEST 2008

JoshyFun wrote:
> The demo is a simple file browser with a "Virtual files" folder which
> is render in "C:\temp\vfile.vfile" (so you need a "C:\temp" folder in
> order to run the example), the windows disk letters and the ability to
> mount a zip file as a folder and browse and read it.

Is that similar to TZipFile [http://wiki.freepascal.org/ZipFile].
TZipFile is component that allows you to use a zip file like a
filesystem. You have the usual commands like Create directory, create
file, edit file, view file etc... All directly inside the zip archive,
like you would do with normal files in a file system.

We haven't gotten the actual compression part working yet, but using a
zip file with no compression works perfectly.

I simply thought I would mention this project, as it seems both are
trying something similar. :)

Regards,
   - Graeme -