[Lazarus] Removing empty methods

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Apr 25 21:00:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm not ranting, simply trying to find out if it's a local issue (system
or software).  Though, none of my other GTK2 applications have this
problem, only Lazarus.

I got a svn update of Lazarus today and compiled with GTK2. I normally
use GTK1.  They IDE looks fine and pretty (anti-aliased fonts etc), but
usably sucks.

* Flicking through the menus causes a lot of flicker!
* Typing in the IDE editor window, cause the current typed text to
flicker and it looks like the text cursor jumps back and forward one
character as I type.
* Compiling projects and looking at the Message window. Some serious
flicker as the compiler output updates the window.

Some positives:
* The dialogs look better.
* Anti-aliased text makes a major difference.
* Text seems to fit the dialog better, much less text clipping than
under GTK1.

Is there some debug code enabled for the GTK2 interface, that could
explain the slow redrawing speed? It looks like double-buffering is
totally disabled in LCL-GTK2.

Regards,
   - Graeme -