[Lazarus] document

martin.waldenburg at t-online.de martin.waldenburg at t-online.de
Mon Apr 28 00:16:00 CEST 2008

2008/4/27 ik <idokan at gmail.com>:
> GTK 1.2 was never designed to work with non ANSI and non latin texts.
>  You can display chars using a UTF-8 charset, but that's it.
>
>  You should try imho, to use GTK2 or QT4 for that.

All my applications I create use fpGUI directly. UTF-8 is fully
supported in fpGUI, so that's not a problem.  I simply test the
various (GTK and GTK2) LCL widget sets every now and again. 99.9% of
the time I use the Lazarus IDE compiled with GTK1, simply because it's
more stable for me, and the editor has no flicker.

One day LCL-fpGUI widgetset will be complete, then this whole point
should be moot. ;-)

Regards,
 - Graeme -