[Lazarus] Any chance of changing the LCL Unicode encoding to UTF-16?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:21:46 CEST 2008

Hello Philip,

HPJ> "for example, the second most popular language in the state of Texas,
HPJ> USA is Vietnamese"
HPJ> Please cite your source for this claim. I think the many Spanish
HPJ> speakers in Texas would be scratching their heads over this one.

OT: from census.gov
-----8<------------8<---------8<----------
NATIVITY AND LANGUAGE: Sixteen percent of the people living in Texas
in 2005 were foreign born. Eighty-four percent were native, including
61 percent who were born in Texas.

Among people at least five years old living in Texas in 2005, 34
percent spoke a language other than English at home. Of those speaking
a language other than English at home, 86 percent spoke Spanish and 14
percent spoke some other language; 44 percent reported that they did
not speak English "very well."

xref: http://www.census.gov/population/cen2000/phc-t20/tab05.pdf

cut and drop to the trash bin.

--