[Lazarus] [lazarus] Gtk?

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Wed Aug 6 22:07:13 CEST 2008

    I second that,

I have not taken much look at the fpGUI architecture but if it is made so it
can also serve as a low level Qt/Gtk wrapper then the LCL can be made purely
to rely on fpGUI and the complexity in it will be reduced.
As I said I have not looked too deep into the underlying architecture but if
the platform/framework specific stuff is all placed into as tiny layer
(fpGUI) as possible, the LCL can really be made more portable, and the
platform/framework specific functionality will become well insolated.
This will make it (in theory) both easier to support and port to other
environments. It also will allow for more native implementations of the
fpGUI and probably it becoming a framework of its own right.
Personally I would put my vote on fpGUI ;-) .

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
http://www.mitov.com