[Lazarus] TButton must now become a custom draw component

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 23:45:06 CEST 2008

On 8/6/08, Bogusław Brandys <brandys at o2.pl> wrote:

>  That would require a lot of improvement in repainting controls because
>  such LCL I suppose would be deadly slow with all buttons custom drawn.
>  Just my two cents little opinion...

CodeGear thought it will work and made it work.  So did other toolkits
(but I ain't naming names).  ;-)

With components included in Delphi 2009, like the set of Ribbon
controls etc... They are all custom draw without speed issues (even
though I think the ribbon control is stupid, to complex for a normal
user and takes up half the screen etc...)

BTW:
TEdit is now also custom drawn, with it's fancy shaded hint text
ability and hot new password char [which I thought was always there].
ListView (with groups) are also custom drawn, plus a few others....
custom drawn components rule.  Native is so old school.  ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -