[Lazarus] How do I configure JEDI SDL for Lazarus ?!?

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 08:43:51 CEST 2008

Gustavo Enrique Jimenez wrote:
>> Is it?
>>

> I can't tell. When I have installed Lazarus on Vista, I was asked for
> "Allow, reject" by the UAC.
> My app writes some configuration files in the same directory
> (c:\program files....etc.). No permissions problems for my app, or for
> Lazarus. I have installed my app manually.
>
> Perhaps my permission settings are wrong ;-) .

No, not wrong... but the files are probably written in
/users/name/appdata/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/...

Vista shows these files *as if* they are written in c:\program files\...
but they are not. Problem occurs when logged in as another user. You
*think* you modified files in c:\program files\... but Vista saves your
modified files somewhere in the virualStore. So if you log in as the
first users, changes seems to be lost. Same thing happens if you log in
via Terminal Server. It's some sort of compromis to keep legacy
applications (that do not follow vista-rules) running...

Same thing when storing data in the Registry. It also has a virtual
store where data is written that is (by Vista rules) not allowed to be
written in some parts of the registry (like e.g. HKLM).

Single user says: No problem, all runs fine!

John