[Lazarus] In the name of science

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:07:15 CEST 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> If you can share it, I can try it.
>
> Compile with -vut. For example:
>
> cd lazarus
> make LCL_PLATFORM=carbon CPU_TARGET=powerpc PP=ppcppc OPT=-vt clean all
> bigide > log.txt
>
> Take a look at log.txt.

I think I may have spotted why there is a differenc between i386 and
powerpc, when compiling via the IDE. When compiling units from within
the IDE using i386, it saves some unit in the
~/.lazarus/lib/Print4Lazarus/i386-darwin/ folder while when setting the
target to PowerPC, ~/.lazarus/lib/Print4Lazarus/powerpc-darwin/ does not
exist. Where it should be looking is
/usr/local/share/lazarus/components/printers/lib/powerpc-darwin/carbon

When it picks up the units from there, everything compiles the way it
should. So there definitely seems to me some difference in the way both
i386 and PowerPc compile things.

I hope this helps.

Dominique.