[Lazarus] A sort program in "rpsrt102.zip" (1).

Lord Satan reimgrab at web.de
Tue Aug 26 15:01:40 CEST 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:35:00 -0700
Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <sanliturk at ttnet.net.tr> wrote:

> (C)
> Personally , I am not writing assembler programs , and
> I do not know 32-bit assembly programming .
> Therefore , I am not able to convert it to a 32-bit
> assembly program .
If you really need the speed you should learn assembler programming. It is not that hard (at least for small programs like this sort).

> I think a programmer fluent in assembly language programming
> can do it . I am not able to evaluate its difficultyness but
> it is my opinion that many statements may be converted by replace
> operations .
>
> After this it may be used as embedded into a Pascal procedure or
> may be used as a spawned process to sort a file .
Assembler is not portable. So you need a different implementation for every plattform that fpc supports. If you just need x86 support then the sort programm should be part of your project and not of fpc in general. IMHO there is not much gain by including an assembly code sort in fpc.