[Lazarus] Feature Request with code tools

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Aug 29 11:22:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:38:37AM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
> > If the source is available, why don't you recompile it for Linux ?
> >

> please read the comments in the feature request.
>   http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=11933
>
> JCF relies on many Jedi Code Library (JCL) features and functions.
> Jedi Code Formatter now has the correct license to integrate with
> Lazarus, but JCL doesn't.  Plus, I have no idea how compilable Jedi
> Code Library is with FPC.

The general case:

- Quite FPC compatible, except for some interface problems in jclscheduler
  and the fact that jclpeimage combines all kinds of compiler specific parts
  (like poking in debug info)
- ... but mostly win32/x86 only. Parts _maybe_ win64.

That library uses every dirty trick in the book.

Start identifying what JCF uses exactly from it, and try to substitute (or
wrap) parts of it.