[Lazarus] IDE doesn't start after build with lazbuild

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Aug 29 15:14:28 CEST 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:24:41 +0200
Roland Turcan <konf at rotursoft.sk> wrote:

> <<< 29.8.2008 14:04 - Mattias Gärtner "nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de" >>>
> MG> Zitat von Roland Turcan <konf at rotursoft.sk>:
>
> >> Hello lazarus project!
> >>
> >> When I build lazarus from actual SVN or older using by lazbuild,
> >> then lazarus doesn't start.
>
> MG> Open a terminal and start it there:
> MG> cd path/to/lazarus
> MG> ./lazarus.app/Contents/MacOS/lazarus
>
> MG> What does it show?
>
> That is the problem, I don't see anything. Computer gets slow and
> process is loaded. I need to kill it.

Can you start it in gdb and create a backtrace to find out, what takes
so long?

> Of course, I have checked files in lazarus.app and they are the same
> as in lazarus' root dir.
>
> >> When I try to build it using by "make clean
> >> all", then IDE starts and I checked if there are any packages which
> >> could make a trouble, but there are only default ones.
> >> I've tried to delete all ~/.lazarus but no difference.
>
> MG> Have you updated lazbuild?
>
> MG> make lazbuilder
>
> I did build many times with "make clean all" and explicitly "make
> lazbuild".

It's 'make lazbuilder' not 'make lazbuild'.
It gets confused often. I just added an alias, so that 'make lazbuild'
now works too.

> I really have big headache from MacOS' version of FPC/Lazarus. I
> cannot get rid of problems around porting to Mac.
>
> Could you tell me, what I have to delete from MacOS 10.5 to clean
> Lazarus/FPC out of computer completely, no settings, no units, no
> symlinks, no executable and I will try to install all again. I really
> think, that I did something wrong and that's the reason from these
> troubles.

/usr/local/bin/ppc386
/usr/local/bin/fpc
~/.fpc.cfg
/etc/fpc.cfg
/usr/local/lib/fpc
/usr/lib/fpc
~/.lazarus

> AFAYR, I didn't solve my problem with exception in FPC and I tried
> to send two emails to Florian Kaempfl directly, but I got no answer
> from him. I wanted to continue with porting to Mac, but...

Better ask on a forum or on a mailing list.

Mattias