[Lazarus] Where does Lazarus store/look for global settings/options?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 23:29:46 CET 2008

Hello Vincent,

VS> JoshyFun schreef:
>> different one, as new releases or trunk version may kill older config
>> files due changes in the behavior.
>>
VS> This rather unlikely, because newer Lazarus versions can read older
VS> config files.

No, the other way... I'm using in example 0.9.24, and install 0.9.25
in order to test it and evaluate if an upgrade is interesting. Once
installed I run it but some things do not work as expected with my
code so I must still work with 0.9.24 meanwhile I do not fix my
problems to run in 0.9.25, but... Ooops, 0.9.24 is not working as
expected anymore, even the project do not load in 0.9.24 (fortunatly I
backup it before test it with new release), finally I get 0.9.24
working again but installed 0.9.26 and again, same story (you know,
human, the same stone two time...). Finally I found the
--primary-config-path setting and everything is solved for me, but it
does not look as a "safe" mode, at least from my POV.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun