[Lazarus] Open URL in "default" browser X-platform

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 23:54:23 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:33 PM, JoshyFun <joshyfun at gmail.com> wrote:
> fact I'm using 4NT much more than file explorer. But in pre 0.9.26
> versions the config is tied to each installation, since 0.9.26 Lazarus

So let the pre-0.9.26 lazarus continue using it's default location
(seeing that you can't change it). And for all newer Lazarus releases,
use your own custom locations. Maybe  config dir which contains a
version number.

> That's fine when you know that the command line accepts the "--pcp"
> parameter. Had you tried to find that information in the wiki using a
> problem description ? Even using primary-config-path as keyword, one
> of the good matches appears at position 15.

To be honest, I never even thought of going to the wiki site. I simply
ran './azarus --help' and read the on-screen instructions.

graemeg at graeme:lazarus$ ./lazarus --help
lazarus [options] <project-filename>

IDE Options:

--help or -?
this help message

--primary-config-path=
 <path>
or
--pcp=
 <path>
                      primary config directory, where Lazarus stores its
                      config files. Default is  /home/graemeg/.lazarus

--secondary-config-path=
 <path>
or
--scp=
 <path>
                      secondary config directory, where Lazarus searches
                      for config template files. Default is  /etc/lazarus
[...]

The above messages were pretty clear to me, and told me exactly what I
wanted to know.

Regards,
  - Graeme -