[Lazarus] Cocoa bindings

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 5 09:11:51 CET 2008

Mac Programmer schrieb:
> It appears as though Felipe has provided a complete set of bindings for
> doing Cocoa development. Is it possible to cross-compile against these
> to create an app for the iPhone and iPod Touch? I don't believe the
> version of OS X on those devices includes the Carbon framework, so it'll
> have to be Cocoa.
>
> It would seem like this is a burgeoning development area that's too big
> to ignore:

Afaik there are still NDA issues.

> http://legacy.macnn.com/articles/08/12/04/iphone.overtakes.win.mo/
>
> http://blogs.oreilly.com/iphone/2008/11/turning-ideas-into-application.html

I don't think that the iphone is a threat to WM. It is a treat to Nokia
or Motorola which produce mobiles for people who don't install
applications on their phone. Or does anybody expect any serius
application development for the iphone as long as apple controls if you
are allowed(!) to distribute your application or not?