[Lazarus] TCodeTools not working correctly.

Raymond van Venetiƫ rayvanve at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:08:10 CET 2008

Hello all,

I write a small systray application which I know, that time to time we
will need to change/add/remove something, but this application is
started from user's startup and runs until his log off.

When our update process gets newer version of it I need to close that
application, exchange its components and start it again.

On windows I solve it using messaging, but on Linux I don't know what
is the way to inform application about my wish to terminate it.

How can I solve this problem?

PS: I though about : 1) signal file as flag to close itself
                     2) UDP connection to systray to inform it

    ... but both of them seems to me as brute solutions.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk