[Lazarus] TCodeTools not working correctly.

Raymond van Venetiƫ rayvanve at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 00:10:22 CET 2008

> Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:43:58 +0100
> From: nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> To: lazarus at lazarus.freepascal.org
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] TCodeTools not working correctly.
>
> On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 22:08:10 +0100
> Raymond van Venetiƫ <rayvanve at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> It works here under linux.
> (I extended the example so that you can now set the FPCTARGET
> environment variable to see the 'cross compile' results. I set
> FPCTARGET to win32, so I browsed the sources as if under windows).
>
> Do you use the same paths in the IDE and does it work there?
Yes, the same paths.
> For example can you add the 'windows' unit to a
> uses section and find the windows.pp? And then find the base.inc?
> (find = via find declaration)
Yep, in the IDE that works like a charm.

I've updated my Lazarus, and it looked like everything was working, until I removed the "{$IFDEF MSWindows}{$ENDIF}" directives from getcontextexample.pas. After that I had the same output as before (not exactly the same output, but the same error).

C:\lazarus\components\codetools\examples>getcontext
TCodeToolManager.SimpleInit Config=codetools.config
TCodeToolManager.SimpleInit PP=C:\FPC\2.2.2\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe FPCDIR=C:\FPC\fpcbuild-2.2.2\fpcsrc LAZARUSDIR=C:\lazarus FPCTARGET=win32
### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found "base.inc"" at Lin
e=33 Col=5 in "C:\FPC\fpcbuild-2.2.2\fpcsrc\rtl\win32\windows.pp"
Contexts not found: include file not found "base.inc"

So I guess that the codetoolmanager just skips the {$IFDEF MSWindows} part.. Here is the output with the compiler directives in getcontextexample.pas.

C:\lazarus\components\codetools\examples>getcontext
TCodeToolManager.SimpleInit Config=codetools.config
TCodeToolManager.SimpleInit PP=C:\FPC\2.2.2\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe FPCDIR=C:\FPC\fpcbuild-2.2.2\fpcsrc LAZARUSDIR=C:\lazarus FPCTARGET=win32
Contexts found: Count=22
<Unrelated output here>