[Lazarus] TAChart: Request to review/apply patch 12758

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Thu Dec 11 11:16:55 CET 2008

Alexander Klenin schrieb:
>> I really wonder how a DVCS would solve this or what would be different?
>> You just apply it to your local working copy and you've it in your builds?
>
> Yes. The most important difference in this case is that DVCS
> would preserve local history. This is similar to every developer having
> his own branch in SVN (or even arbitrary number of local branches),
> with merges being almost as trivial as SVN's commits.
>
> I.e. my specific problem can be solved in SVN by creating a branch of TAChart
> component and giving me commit access to it, but then
> similar branch should be created for my patches to DBGrid,
> and yet another one for patches to SynEdit (both stalled for about a month now),
> etc.
> Obviously, this is not a scalable solution for many developers ;-)

But isn't the problem that the patches don't get into the central
repository?

Though I've write access to the fpc repository ;) I've also several
local "branches" (actually plain copies of my fpc checkout) with some
changes in it.

But if it's not feasible for you, you can still use git-svn, no?

BTW: An fpc/lazarus git repository would be really no fun: due to the
flaky connection a git clone of a converted repository is from
svn.freepascal.org basically not possible, at least not for me from germany.