[Lazarus] Code Structure / SourceEdit and SyneEdit [Re: Mouse Link in SynEdit (only link-able items)]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 17:09:23 CET 2008

Martin Friebe schrieb:

> Well I am in the process of breaking it up into smaller bits.
> - The gutter drawing moved to its own class.
> - Folding is partly abstracted
> - Trim Trailing spaces has been abstracted into a class of its own. (a
> view of SynEditLines)
> - Caret and block have been started

I've a TCharGrid component, developed in the time when the SynEdit was
too instable and unreliable. It handles all cursor moves, scrolling,
selecting text (also in columns), tab widths, (syntax) coloring, and
also has provisions for both vertical and horizontal gutters. It was
intended as a more reliable base for e.g. SynEdit, in general for
representing text in a monospaced font, as is convenient for source
code. It was developed and tested with Delphi 7, i.e. for Windows, but
should be widely platform independent. If somebody is interested in the
source code...

DoDi