[Lazarus] Code Structure / SourceEdit and SyneEdit [Re: Mouse Link in SynEdit (only link-able items)]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 11:56:03 CET 2008

Mattias Gärtner schrieb:

>>> Even in a proportional font, some chars (Chinese, and other) have twice
>>> the width of a normal char. They will 2 positions in the grid.
>>> Actually it is the same issue as tabs.
>> Are these characters inside the Unicode BMP?
>
> AFAIK: yes.
> All chinese characters are in some fonts double wide characters.

What double, 4 bytes or double display width?

Double width on the display could be fixed by simply doubling their
indicated width, if it applies to all characters in that codepage.
Monospaced doesn't mean quadratic ;-)

[...]
> What means 'text attributes to every single character'?
> How much memory is needed for a 10mb text?

The text attributes only are stored in the line buffer of the line to be
painted, nowhere else.

>> [...]
> The anchor docking lacks d&d because my plan is: first finish the restore layout
> and get manual things stable. Then implement d&d. But at the moment I have other
> priorities than docking.

Oh, that's you, too? :-)

DoDi