[Lazarus] Carbon: G4 vs G5

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Dec 16 17:16:24 CET 2008

EarMaster - Bent Olsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have successfully ported our software from Delphi/Win32 to Mac OS X
> PPC/i386 with Lazarus - after some minor fixes it works great.
>
> We are still getting feedbacks from users, and one particular is about
> getting the application up and running on PowerPC G4 with OS X 10.4.11 - it
> simply won't start.
>
> I don't have a G4 so I'm not able to test this. Is there any known
> compatibility issues between G4/G5 and Lazarus? Or between G4 and G5 in
> general?

I compile my OSX apps on Linux, but I compile them against the 10.4 SDK headers and don't have
problems running on 10.4/5/Intel/PPC. What OS/machine are you actually compiling on ?

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them