[Lazarus] ODBC with FreeTDS on Ubuntu 8.10

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Dec 24 11:08:09 CET 2008

Op woensdag 24-12-2008 om 15:43 uur [tijdzone +0700], schreef Diwakoe:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm try to connect into MSSQL from linux using ubuntu - unixodbc -
> FreeTDS. First connect using FreeTDS via command shell connect well
> into MSSQL and can execute query from any table. Second is try using
> odbc connection in lazarus 0.9.26 connect to MSSQL and get error
> (attached).
>
> Is there any guide how to use odbc on linux using unixodbc and FreeTDS?

My guess is that you used sqldb.

Set TSQLQuery.ParseSQL to false. Or else you could set
TSQLQuery.UsePrimaryKeyAsKey to false.

For some reason it can not find the primary key of the table. It could
be that there is none defined, or the odbc-driver that you use to access
MsSql doesn't support the retrieval of the primary key.

Or, it's a bug in TODBCConnection, offcourse.

Joost.