[Lazarus] Lazarus and GLScene, bug in polygon rendering

tcoq at free.fr tcoq at free.fr
Sat Feb 16 22:46:12 CET 2008

Hi all,

downloaded glscene from svn and checked, the bug is corrected, I have a nice
polygon on screen. Fixed.
Thx a lot, Burkhard :-)
Thierry

Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2008 10:29 schrieb tcoq at free.fr:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a bug with GLScene when executing on Windows, compiled with
> > Lazarus and FPC.
> > GLScene's version is Lazarus', version 1.0.0.2 (Delphi's version's
> > needs a lot more fixes to work on Lazarus).
> >
> > The program is very simple, see attached zip file, basically a
> > polygon viewed from above in a GLSceneViewer. When I connect the
> > viewer to the camera, the program hangs with a SIGSEGV signal in the
> > ialmgicd!DrvSetContext procedure, it seems the GLU library transmits
> > back bizarre pointers into the TGLNodes.RenderTesselatedPolygon
> > procedure in GLMisc.
> > I've printed out a copy of the values in the GLSceneDebug.Text file.
> >
> > Needless to say, the same code work perfectly with Delphi7 and the
> > latest stable GLScene.

I just learned "it's pure luck" that/if it works .. I'll submit a patch
to original glscene as soon as you confirm the fix. ( I don't have
windows to test, however in linux your test program works now )

> > Has anyone seen this before and could help with information to debug
> > this?

fixed in svn.

regards
 Burkhard