[Lazarus] Issues resizing a TComboBox

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:15:24 CET 2008

On 18/02/2008, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because on many platforms TMemo = multiline TEdit. So TEdit must
> support several lines in order to also be a TMemo, and thus must
> support several sizes.

Ah, thanks Felipe.  So I guess the same applies to TLabel. Some
platforms support multi-line labels, so resizing must be permitted.

PS:
Would the TComboBox adjust it's Height automatically (at runtime) when
the system or application wide font gets changed? I guess this could
cause overlapping component issues, unless a layout manager or well
designed Alignment properties have been set.

Regards,
  - Graeme -