[Lazarus] WinCE: LCL bugs?

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 18 18:03:49 CET 2008

>2008/2/18 denisgolovan <denisgolovan at yandex.ru>:
>>   I decided you better watch yourself :). See attachment
>>   At the bottom, AFAIU, there is a horizontal scrollbar, but system bottom panel (I don't know panel name :)) is half >visible (rather strange effect)

>I don't use wince a lot (I don't really have a device). Do other
>applications cover that bottom panel or do they leave it intact?

  Yes, most applications seem to leave bottom panel visible. See screenshot

>> ... but no use. Again window just disappears and application stays running.

>But that is what Windows CE wants ... I think that OnClose also isn't
>called because Windows CE won't send a WM_CLOSE message unless you are
>out of memory.

  Sad story :(

>Some people want the app to do like WinCE wants, then we need to
>provide a mechanism to detect on startup if another instance is
>already running and wake up the old instance instead of running a new
>one if so.
>Some people want the app to do like on other widgetsets: just close.
>Then we need an way to detect that. WM_CLOSE doesn't work. And we also
>need a mechanism to override that.

  Yes, it seem that such mechanism is needed. Can I help you something... to make it work?

>>  Well, than, maybe, something must be done to Lazarus application codepage, because using russian chars in panel caption >gives only "unpleasant" symbols :). Again see screenshot :)

>Rebuild your IDE using gtk2 to develop on a unicode environment:

>cd lazarus
>make clean all LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2

  Did, as you've said. Really. Nothing changed. In design-time I see my russian chars properly (UTF-8 locale), but on WinCE those symbols (seems WinCE wants cp1251 charset?)

>Gtk 1 will never be a unicode widgetset because it has inconsistent
>internationalization support:
>http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_known_issues_%28things_that_will_never_be_fixed%29#Inconsistent_internationalization_support

  Hm. I didn't catch you. Wince (windows mobile) uses wince widgetset? Why Gtk1 problems appear?

>--
>Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Regards,
Denis