[Lazarus] [lazarus] Patch for processing WM_COPYDATA in Win32 / BugID 9210

Christian U. z0m3ie at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 19:13:00 CET 2008

Mattias Gärtner schrieb:
> Zitat von Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>:
>

>> On Feb 18, 2008 12:19 PM, Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Where is this documented?
>>>
>> On MSDN. Unless you are implying this should also be on the wiki,
>> which is only true if it's really decided that WM_COPYDATA shouldn't
>> be sent to the application, and the discussion doesn't seam to be
>> over.
>>

> As far as I am concerned the discussion is over: There is SetWindowLong to setup
> win32/64 specials messages. Where is this trick documented? I would expect it
> either under tipps/tricks and/or the win32 interface page.

Seems taht the core developers work against the users here.
WM_COPYDATA is an thing that is used very often in Windows.
For my opinion the best way is to pass this message also to the lcl.
The overhad is minimal and only on windows there and the compatibiliy we
win with this is big.

Who from you (The core developer) works realy on windows ? And who on
"real world" Applications ?

best regards
Christian Ulrich