[Lazarus] WinCE: LCL bugs?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:58:44 CET 2008

2008/2/18 zaher dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com>:
>  I have Ansi source code, i make change for WinCE by use AnsiToUtf8 before
> passing it to draw.
>  Is that correct?

Well, if it works for you, from the point of view of the WinCE
interface all that matters is that it receives UTF8 strings (only on
subversion! The 0.9.24 release was using ansi encoding, and needs
that).

I suppose you are using the windows IDE. You can also make your
windows IDE unicode capable by rebuilding it with
-dWindowsUnicodeSupport (only do that if you are using subversion
Lazarus!)

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Defines#Win32_defines

Things walk together. WinCE was ansi on 0.9.24 simply because the
Win32 Lazarus IDE, the most common tool to write LCL WinCE apps was
Ansi.

Now the win32 interface is going to unicode, and therefore WinCE can
also go to unicode.

I am very proud of the work done on the win32 unicode support and I am
very confident we will have a 0.9.26 unicode release for both Win32
and WinCE.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho