[Lazarus] Localization in toolkit like fpGUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:58:45 CET 2008

On 20/02/2008, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Because someone may not want to use resources.
> .po files have the advantage that they can be shared between applications.

Hi Michael,

Maybe I simply don't understand resources... even in Delphi.  So how
would I translate my program?  Using the .rst file and having multiple
copies for each language?

Would I be able to add languages without having to recompiling the
application?  I can see how to do this with .po files, but I'm not
sure if .rst (or whatever resource files are named as) files work the
same.

Also, if resource files do not exist on anything other than Windows,
that means we need to start creating resource editors for all other
platforms.

Regards,
  - Graeme -