[Lazarus] LGPL question

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:28:16 CEST 2008

> It didn't exist at that time.
> Why do you miss the LGPL3?

I do not really care what LGPL (the differences between 2 and 3 are beyond
me), I just thought it might be easier just to refer to LGPL and not one
specific version, assuming the "spirit" of LGPL will remain intact.
(I gathered that some loopholes from LGPL 2 were repaired in LGPL 3, but
again this "legal speak" is beyond me)

As for now I'll just stick to Modified LGPL 2.
If at any time the FPC/Lazarus team decides to re-license, I'll adjust
accordingly.

I just did not want to give my code a license that was not compatible with
the code i derived it from.

Bart