[Lazarus] Lazarus editor enhancements.
idokan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:39:35 CEST 2008
Graeme, Here are few more features you should add :
1. Reporting of warnings/errors, todo, notes etc by both color of
lines in a gater like in eclipse.
2. Spell checking for strings and comments.
3. UML support
4. Real bi-directional support (it will be the only development text
editor that will support it if that will go).
5. Ability to save and load custom made color set and fonts (like in vim)
6. marking places to fold (and not only begin end) and remembering them
7. Complete text inside string (from comments and other strings)
8. Draw underline in colors on warnings, notes, spells and errors
9. Removing bookmarks
10. Ability to track version control, diff etc..
11. split the text editor to vertical/horizontal split (like in VIM).
12. Move/group tabs
I can continue of curse ;) So you do not need only Code-Gear features.
Good luck :P
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw these two features in the Delphi 2007 "What's new" web page.
> They look like very handy features. Anybody have have the skills and
> time to implement these in SynEdit. :-)
> Line Change Indicators
> Editor line numbers
> - Graeme -
> fpGUI - a cross-platform Free Pascal GUI toolkit
> Lazarus mailing list
> Lazarus at lazarus.freepascal.org
More information about the Lazarus