[Lazarus] Installing Lazarus first time in FreeBSD 7 Stable ( 2008-06 ) .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttnet.net.tr
Mon Jul 14 23:00:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying out the latest Lazarus Data Desktop application (included
with Lazarus). I got the latest svn versions of FPC and Lazarus. It
seems the LCL-GTK1 widgetset is not released or freeing all objects.
This happens is more LCL-GTK1 based applications, so isn't specific to
Lazarus Data Desktop.

The error message when the application quits:

------------------------------
graemeg at graemeg-laptop:/opt/lazarus_svn/tools/lazdatadesktop$ ./lazdatadesktop
[TGtkWidgetSet.Destroy] WARNING: There are 2 unreleased GDIObjects, a
detailed dump follows:
[TGtkWidgetSet.Destroy]   GDIOs: B78B1220 B78B12E0
[TGtkWidgetSet.Destroy]   gdiBitmap: 2

What's also weird is that it references GDI (GDIObject and gdiBitmap),
but isn't GDI a Windows thing?? What's it got to do with a Linux GTK1
application?

Regards,
 - Graeme -