[Lazarus] Building Lazarus on Mac OS 10.5 Leopard

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Fri Jul 18 08:19:45 CEST 2008

Hello Matthias,

Yes, that's it. Thanks our guardian angel. :-)

I am new to Mac and Linux is also not my main system.

Next question: How can I set the path for libs to next directory
instead of creating many symlinks?

TRoland;

<<< 17.7.2008 22:03 - Mattias Gaertner "nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de" >>>
MG> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:36:02 +0200
MG> Roland Turcan <konf at rotursoft.sk> wrote:

>> Hello General mailing list!
>>
>> I have upgraded from 10.3.9 to 10.5.4 and the serious problem with
>> compilation vanished, but I think, I have a little problem with
>> library used during linking, but I have tried to set path to directory
>> where are libraries located and problem is still present.
>>
>> I was trying to build Lazarus with:
>>
>> sudo make clean all LCL_PLATFORM=gtk
>>
>> and this is the result:

>> Assembling lazarus
>> Linking ../lazarus
>> ld: library not found for -lglib-1.2.0
>> An error occurred while linking
>> Error: Error while linking
>> Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>> make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
>> make: *** [ide] Error 2
>>

>> The setting of path variable is the following:
>>
>> echo $PATH
>>
>> /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/lib

MG> The PATH variable is for executables only, not libs.
MG> You can pass -k-L/opt/local/lib to the compiler options or create
MG> symlinks in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.

MG> Mattias

Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk