[Lazarus] importing program into lazarus project

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Tue Jul 22 05:39:44 CEST 2008

Am Montag, den 21.07.2008, 22:33 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:45:36 +0200
> "Graeme Geldenhuys" <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Marc Santhoff
> > <M.Santhoff at t-online.de> wrote:
> > > I have a program written using fpc only that I'd like to import
> > > into a lazarus project. How can this be done the easiest way?
> >
> > Simply load Lazarus with a blank Lazarus project. Then open the main
> > unit (program) of your fpc project using 'File | Open'...  Lazarus
> > will detect it's a 'program' and ask if it can manage it. Say yes.
> > Lazarus would now have created a new .lpi file for your fpc program.
> > Save the project and you are ready to go.
>
> Or use directly Project / New Project from file.
>

> > > And what is the difference between "custom program" and "program"
> > > project types,
> >
> > No idea what's the difference. All I know is that "program" is a Free
> > Pascal program and Lazarus maintains the .lpi (Lazarus Project
> > Information) file for that program.
>
> It's a different start source and some more options (Project Options /
> Miscellaneous) are off for custom program.
> You can change all things at any time.

I found those options already. Very nice, although I still have to try
them out to see what happens if switched in an existing project.

Since I left the Delphi world with version 2: are these options genuine
Lazarus options or are they carried over from Delphi? Maybe some old
books or docs can help me getting used to all possibilities hiding in
Lazarus ...

Thanks,
Marc