[Lazarus] reference to ~/.config/<appname> documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:33:57 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Ales Katona <almindor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Must be new. My .config has little of the apps I use. Nice idea tho,
> unclutters the hidden crap :)
>
> I think it's not a bad idea. I'll move my stuff to it that's for sure.

We have been using ~/.config/ for a while now. I actually have a few
other apps that also use it, but doing a 'ls -lsa' in my home
directory shows a LOT of hidden crap!

Note:
The RTL function GetAppConfigDir() also uses $XDG_CONFIG_HOME or
.config if not set. A nice move from the FPC team!  :)  It's long
overdue that Linux apps start implementing and using some standards.
It makes cross-distro deployment so much easier.

Regards,
 - Graeme -