[Lazarus] Mac OS X (Carbon), executable placement issue

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:04:43 CEST 2008

Hi Mattias and All,

2008/7/31 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:11:42 +1000
> "Peter Williams" <pewtas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm trying to install the attached component (intex.pas).
> >
> > I have created a package and added the unit "intex.pas" to it. When I
> > compile it I get this error:
> >

> /home/user/.wine/drive_c/pew_ink/Games/Frog/Delphi_source_code/Frog/Lazarus_1.4_alpha/intex.pas(41,43)
> > Fatal: Can't find unit WinTypes used by intex
> >
> > >From the "intex.pas" file:
> >
> > uses WinTypes, WinProcs, SysUtils, Classes;
> >
> > Note: I realize that this is old source code. I'd be quite happy to
> > settle for a modern component which does the same thing.
>
> AFAIK the units wintypes and winprocs are windows units and not
> available for linux.
> I see the wine path. Do you want to cross compile on linux for
> windows?

Okay... I need to explain. The program is a game which I wrote for M$
Windows when I used M$ Windows XP Home Edition (some time ago!). It was
developed in Delphi 5 Enterprise for early versions, then Delphi 7 Select
Edition.

The version you see in a sub-folder of .wine (WINE) is a version of it which
I compiled and ran using Delphi 7 Select Edition and running with WINE. The
program and its source code is available on SourceForge.com here [
http://sourceforge.net/projects/frog-retro-game/ ]. I don't really want to
re-compile a version of it for M$ Windows unless necessary.

My aim is to port the code to Lazarus and create Linux and hopefully even
Mac versions of it available.

The component which I am referring to in my email is one which my game uses
(in Delphi). I'm really hoping that there is a Lazarus component which does
effectively the same thing. { I hope I explained that well enough. }

Fond Regards and Best Wishes,
     PEW
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia