[Lazarus] Message Windows grabs focus after compile

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Thu Jun 12 13:58:00 CEST 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Was the following by design or a bug that slipped in.  I run Ubuntu
> with Gnome desktop. I click compile (or Ctrl+F9) and while it's
> compiling, I switch focus to a console window, so that when the
> compiling is done, I can run my application. I always run my apps from
> a console, not directly from the IDE.
>
> When the compile is complete, the IDE Messages window grabs focus
> again, so I again have to click on the console window to run my app. A
> week ago, Lazarus didn't do this! I got an update earlier this week,
> and since that this behaviour has been driving me nuts.

Yes, this was a feature request: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=9045
On windows (win32 widget set) it doesn't change the focus back to the lazarus, the
lazarus button in the taskbar merely highlights. It seems that gtk1 doesn't handle
this situation as graciously.

Maybe an option should be added to make this configurable.

Vincent