[Lazarus] Bug using Lazarus under KDE (minimizing)

Paulo Malheiros paulo.malheiros at fe.up.pt
Fri Jun 13 15:16:49 CEST 2008

I think I've isolated the problem.

If you start Lazarus and change Desktop it will probably minimize. If
you restore all and change desktop it will probably minimize again.
This we all know so far... But if after restoring you move the main
Lazarus window (top window) it will never minimize again. I've tested
this under 0.9.24 and svn 15397.

Apparently Lazarus is starting in an undefined geometry for KDE and
changing desktop makes KDE update all window geometries which forces
the minimize. Moving the top window somehow "tells" KDE its window
geometry, I think.

If you minimize Lazarus by clicking the minimize button the problem
returns again, so restoring Lazarus window doesn't update its geometry
state to KDE.

I hope this helps for a possible solution.

Best regards,
Paulo