[Lazarus] [lazarus] Advice about creating database-aware application with Lazarus

Howard Lee Harkness howard.lee.harkness at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 02:16:38 CEST 2008

Lee Jenkins пишет:
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:33:38 -0400

>>> Hmmm.  The last svn that I downloaded, 15156 compiled ok with fpc
>>> 2.2.1 so I'm having trouble understanding why I would want to
>>> downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2.0...
>> Lazarus only runs with the released FPC or the current development
>> version. At the moment: 2.2.0 and 2.2.3.
>>
>> Mattias
>>

> Odd.  As I mentioned, I have rebuilt using 2.2.1 but I guess that particular
> source must have changed between the last time I updated.
>
> Is there a way to specify an fpc to use for rebuilding lazarus, but use my newer
> one to compile my programs or must I just change the paths manually when I want
> to build lazarus and then set them back?

AFAIK no. It won't work anyway as all modules used by your program
should be compiled by the same compiler version (your program depends on
LCL and Lazarus depends on it too, hence LCL, Lazarus and your program
need the same compiler version).

IMO the best option here is to use 2.2.0 for production software. 2.2.3
can be used too, but there can be some unexpected glitches. Also you can
try 2.2.2rc1. It is newer than 2.2.0 and should be more stable than 2.2.3.

BTW if Lazarus doesn't compile with 2.2.0 then you have found a bug.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:ganmax at narod.ru