[Lazarus] Compile Error Latest SVN

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 14:25:19 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
> I've tried 2.2.0 which produces the error with "GetUserDir" not found error.

Well, looking at the code:

{$IFNDEF Ver2_2_0}
  AMacroList.Add(TTransferMacro.Create('Home',GetUserDir,
                 lisUserSHomeDirectory, nil, []));
{$ENDIF}

It's illogical. It cannot have this error because it's in a IFDEF, so
you are not using FPC 2.2.0

Go to the command line and run your compiler. It will show his
version. Or easier: fpc -v

I compile LCL with FPC 2.2.0 and I don't get this error.

How did you install FPC?

Also, what operating system are you using?

> I've tried 2.2.1 which is the same above.

Because your 2.2.1 is old. You need to update it, which will actually
now be 2.2.3

> I've tried 2.2.3 which instead says it cannot find the Contnrs unit, which I've
> now idea how that is possible since its sitting right there in the folder
> M:\fpc\2.2.3\source\packages\fcl-base\src.  I have "FPC Source Directory"
> pointing to M:\fpc\2.2.3\source.

The "FPC Source Directory" is designed to find the source when you
want to find the declaration of something.

It is *not* designed to build FPC "on the fly"

You have to build FPC yourself.

contnrs is part of FCL. A standard FPC compilation builds only the
compiler and the RTL.

You now need to build the FCL too. Here is how I build the FCL (in a
batch file):

cd packages
PATH=C:\Programas\lazarus220\fpc\2.2.1\bin\i386-win32
make clean all COMPILER_UNITTARGETDIR="C:\Programas\lazarus220\fpc\2.2.1\units\arm-wince"
cd ..
pause

This apply If you are building the compiler manually.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho