[Lazarus] Carbon: GetTextExtentPoint and Access Violation

Bent Normann Olsen bent at earmaster.com
Mon Jun 16 10:53:52 CEST 2008

Maxim Ganetsky wrote:
> Lee Jenkins пишет:
>> Maxim Ganetsky wrote:

>>> How do you recompile your IDE? If you do it from command line then check
>>> your PATH environment variable, otherwise setting the properties you
>>> mentioned should be enough.
>>>
>> A While ago I followed the instructions on the wiki for compiling lazarus from
>> sources on windows.  Since then, I would just use tortoise svn to update my
>> sources and recompile from the IDE using the build commands with everything
>> checked to be maked, cleaned and built.
>>
>> This worked up until the last svn update I did a couple days ago.
>
> Yes, I understand this. But you needed to change your compiler. In what
> steps did you try to do it? It seems you made some mistake here.

Ah, my fault.  I downloaded and installed the latest lazarus snapshot that
included 2.2.3.  I then copied the fpc directory from that install to another
directory on my computer.  I then uninstalled the new snapshot.

 From there, I just updated the paths in my svn lazarus to point to the new fpc
binaries and source under Environment Options and tried to rebuild lazarus from
there.

A bit of a round about way, but I didn't see any pre-built binary downloads for
fpc 2.2.3 on the fpc site.

BTW, the fpc 2.2.3 doesn't give me the error concerning GetUserDir, at because
it doesn't get that far, but bombs almost immediately when trying to rebuild
lazarus saying that it cannot find the contnrs unit.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee