[Lazarus] Color setup of the Form1: TForm1

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 15:44:00 CEST 2008

2008/6/18 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:

> Why must I create a complete theme engine simple to customize the look
> of my application. Applications like WinAmp Windows Media Player or
> even the little application called Microsoft Office create there own
> looks without adhering to the current window managers themes.  I (and
> a few others) simply tried to do the same, but the LCL under Linux
> doesn't allow for that.

well it does now (as far as i can see).  the only thing that's not
working is the form colour, which is a gtk limitation, i think (and i
won't blame gtk if they dont fix it, since gtk1 isn't really used
much).  and all of this works in gtk2.  all i'm trying to say is that
even if the lcl hasn't implemented it, you can always do this in code
with the gtk_widget_modify_style function (for example), and there's
an even easier way with gtk2, where it takes only one line.  i don't
even see the relevance of this discussion any more.

henry