[Lazarus] I cannot use System.Length() to calculate visible width of string, now !

Андрей Гусев ag888 at rambler.ru
Thu Jun 19 15:19:59 CEST 2008

Yes. But UTF8Length() is portable between string encodings?
Solution is clean: i must use check ifdef'ed WindowsUnicodeSupport to
choice between UTF8Length()/Length(). But maybe it already
implemented as universal and conventional solution.

And, that adjanced questuion:
Lazarus, guessed, have a tool to recognize encoding by binary
representation of string
(because Lazarus automatically recognize encodings in LFM files), so,
how i can use it ?