[Lazarus] I cannot use System.Length() to calculate visible width of string, now !

"Андрей Гусев (Andrey Gusev)" ag888 at rambler.ru
Fri Jun 20 11:23:04 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho пишет:
>> Solution is clean: i must use check ifdef'ed WindowsUnicodeSupport to
>> choice between UTF8Length()/Length(). But maybe it already
>> implemented as universal and conventional solution.
>>

> Why do you want to support disabled WindowsUnicodeSupport?

Caption strings in some forms of my project must be defined dynamically.
Unit code, responsible to these strings definition and visible elemsnts
dosposal, is universal and low-level.
I wouldn't like make assumtions  about  strings encoding in that  code.
That is my problem.
Have Lasarus way to solve it ?