[Lazarus] [lazarus] Advice about creating database-aware application with Lazarus

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 00:44:32 CEST 2008

2008/6/21 Howard Lee Harkness <howard.lee.harkness at gmail.com>:
> Lazarus 9.25 beta (with FPC 2.2.2) does not appear to be ready for prime
> time. The first thing it did on my system was crash when I tried to close a
> project that partially loaded and quit due to not finding the ZeosLib
> components. Then, it failed to rebuild the IDE when I tried to install
> ZeosLib.

You have had a very bad timing =)

Marc commited today a very large change in the bitmap subsystem which
made the Lazarus IDE stop working. I hope this will be fixed in the
next days.

>From the last months until yesterday Lazarus 0.9.25 was working
perfectly (at least for me and on Windows, Windows CE, Linux-Gtk2 and
Mac OS X native Carbon).

Anyway, under development version are like this. That's why I hope to
see FPC 2.2.2 release as soon as possible so that we can also release
Lazarus 0.9.26 as soon as possible.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho