[Lazarus] Obtaining TIDesigner

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jun 22 14:00:32 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 03:10:19AM -0700, Boian Mitov wrote:
> Thank you! I have also found another work around in my properties, but this
> will help. What are the reasons for so many differences in the Design time
> interfaces from Delphi ? Are those legal or technical issues? I also notice
> that there is practically no usage of Interfaces.

Interfaces came later. Both in Delphi (D4) and FPC (2.0)

> Is this  because of the strange way FPC works with interfaces (what they
> call "optimization"), or some other reason?

Interfaces work fine. Even horrible interface abusing stuff like DECAL has
worked for ages.

However your problems touch one of the cores of Delphi
compability, if somebody abuses something in _one_ delphi version, and it
works, does that mean that FPC has to carry that Delphi bug indefinitely,
and let performance suffer? I think not.