[Lazarus] Obtaining TIDesigner

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jun 22 14:48:24 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 05:11:12AM -0700, Boian Mitov wrote:
> Thank you! A bit closer IDE integration will surely help us maintain
> components both for Delphi and Lazarus ;-) . We do support D5-2007 and we
> are aware of the changes overtime.
>
> Unfortunately the "optimization", I have renders the Interfaces virtually
> useless in Lazarus :-( .

Since there is a simple workaround (move the relevant block to a
local procedure that declares the interface reference), I think this is a
_little_ bit exaggerated.

>The lifespan of the interfaces is now unpredictable

"implementation defined" is the word you are looking for.

> Sad, considering the enormous power interfaces offer in Delphi.

Hmm, I never was that happy with the ref counted interfaces. An interface
and pseudo garbage collection are two different things IMHO.