[Lazarus] Anyone using LCLIntf critical section routines?

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Mon Jun 23 09:52:51 CEST 2008

The problem is only when the CriticalSection Enter/Leave is called from a
callback of a windows thread such as DirectShow Grabber or VFW frame
callback or a media timer callback. In all other cases TCriticalSection
works fine. This is issue under Delphi. I have not confirmed if it exists
under Lazarus yet, as I have just started to port to Lazarus.

To reproduce the bug in Delphi if you wish, start a media timer, and in the
callback function call a Pascal calling convention function. It can be an
empty body procedure as example. Run it for about 1H. Suddenly Delphi will
stop and will report stack corruption. Change the procedure to be "cdecl",
and it will run forever.

I state again, we are not at the point when we are running our code for
hours under Lazarus. Once we are there I will report if the problem appears.

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
http://www.mitov.com