[Lazarus] 0.925 editor of the Chinese characters overlap

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jun 24 11:03:22 CEST 2008

Zitat von peng <pengtu321 at gmail.com>:

> Really?  I just download and install the
> Lazarus-0.9.25-fpc-2.2.2rc1-20080623-win32.exe. The default, edit the new
> unit, Chinese characters still overlap.

They overlap even more.
Synedit only supports monospace fonts (every character has the same width).
The bug was, that a 3 byte chinese character was *painted* three times as wide
as other characters. But the rest of synedit treated a 3 byte chinese charater
correctly as one visible character. So caret position and painted characters
were out of sync. This has been fixed.

But:
In all fonts I tried under ubuntu/linux/gtk2 the chinese characters are much
wider than the others, so they all look bad in synedit.

I added in svn 15559 the synedit property ExtraCharSpacing. You can set it in
the editor options of the IDE. This is merely a workaround, so that it is at
least usable. It would be better to extend synedit to support proportional
fonts, but this is a big task.

> Object Inspector in Chinese is still a question mark, as the screen shots in
> front of the same. Whether to set up what the environment£¿

Can you paste some example chinese strings here, so that the windows developers
have something to play with?

> In addition, I found sqlite components have been included in the new
> version, good news!

:)

BTW, the IDE can not yet convert files written in 2byte windows codepage.
Do you know, if there are actually any sources written in 2byte windows
codepage?
If yes, then converter functions must be implemented in lcl/lconvencoding.pas. I
can do that if needed.

Mattias