[Lazarus] Java's Document & Elements model

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:44:12 CEST 2008

I forgot to add a link for those that don't know what I'm talking about. ;-)

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/swing/text/AbstractDocument.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/swing/text/PlainDocument.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/swing/text/DefaultStyledDocument.html

Graeme.

2008/6/25 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody studied or tried to implement the Java 'Document' model
> yet? Every text Swing component (JTextArea, JTextEdit, JTextPane etc)
> uses the Document class internally to represent the text content. Is
> seems very easy to use and extend like they did for the Styled
> Document (HTML, RTF etc...). It also supports document/text filters
> for things like Tab Stops, Elastic Tabstops, Spell Checking, Syntax
> Highlighting etc..  Quite a powerfull component which can be used for
> simple one line text components like TEdit and scale to complex text
> components like text editors or HTML, RTF viewers/editors.
>
> I'm researching the posibility of implementing the Document, Elements,
> Position, AttributeSet etc interfaces in Object Pascal for use with
> the text components (TextEdit, Memo, ComboBox etc) in fpGUI. The above
> classes will be toolkit indepenent, but builds a very flexible base to
> use in any text based components.
>
> I thought I would first ask here if anybody has done something like
> this already? I don't want to duplicate work if it's already done by
> somebody else and freely available.
>
> Regards,
>  - Graeme -

Regards,